The guidelines for this award are straightforward.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
My nomination for the sunshine blogger award came from the lovely JBlaides from Wit and Whimsy. I’m beginning to think that we are kindred spirits from across the pond. Her blog resonates with me on so many levels and I really enjoy catching up with her posts a couple of times a week. You must take a look and see what I see. I thank you a thousand times for the nomination JBlaides, it has certainly brought some sunshine to my week. I’m so very pleased to be taking part in an award.
11 Questions I have been asked to answer from Wit and Whimsy
- What is your favorite smell?
I’m a writer through and through, so as part of the territory I enjoy reading. I adore the smell of books. I think it’s a shame that a kindle/eReader is using up my time now, and I long for the days gone by of library trips. Bringing home books with tarnished pages, the smells on the printed papers of readers past. This smell is a story in it’s own rights. To me there is nothing nicer than a borrowed old book; to the extent that my favourite old copy of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is derelict and my second hand copy of Pride and Prejudice is falling apart.
- What of your traits do you think define you?
Loyalty. To a fault. I’ve been stung so many times because I’ve taken care of someone who has trusted me. Unfortunately not everyone has the same take on this trait as I do and I am often left betrayed or in a bind because I’m not willing to betray a ‘friend’. I use the term friend here loosely as it’s often co-workers that have stepped all over me. Saying this, I know more than most people think.
- In a parallel universe, what do you do for a living?
In a parallel universe I would be a world class guitarist. I play, I have done for years. My nerves always get the better of me and I will not for the life in me play in front of any audience. I took beta-blockers for one performance because I was that beaten. In a parallel universe I would play perfectly, confidently and proudly so that my classical or acoustic sound would resonate the performance arena.
- What makes you feel most confident?
Looking good. I adore fashion, and if my bank account let me my wardrobe would be as big as my current residence. I feel good when I think I look good which is the biggest confidence booster for me. Each pound I loose is making me feel better. I hope to get my confidence back permanently once I’m at my target size/weight.
- What is your favorite story?
The Little Mermaid. The true form, not the Disney. Although I do love that version too.
- Are you a reader or a viewer?
Reader for sure. However, I do rather like a good comparison. I completed my dissertation on a multimodal analysis of a book and film, so I am a sucker for both really.
- What is your biggest bucket list item?
The biggest thing on my bucket list right this moment is to own our own home. We are so close to buying, not too far to go.
- What is your least favorite taste?
Anything ultra fatty. Pork belly being one of them. Shuddering just thinking about it.
- What is the happiest moment of 2018 thus far for you?
Dela standing up on her own for sure.
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
New York City. I’ve visited twice and loved it. I adore the place, my heart feels like it belongs there or did belong there. I’d visiting a hundred times if I could, because people watching with a coffee in central park is the sweetest past time ever.
- Do people change or just circumstances?
A little bit of both I guess. I’m a firm believer that an experience changes a person. We are, in my opinion, constantly growing as individuals. We learn from mistakes, we alter our behaviours to change our fortunes. I think that if people change, circumstances are influenced. I also think that if circumstances change, a person is influenced.
- Fashion and Style Police
2. Mama’s Yoga Vibes
3. Lala’s Journey
4. Caitlan Does
5. Brutal Honesty Blogger
6. The Yorkshire Fit Gal
7. Charlotte Hoather Blog
8. Beckies Mental Mess Blog
11 Questions for my nominees
- What is your preferred side of the bed?
- What is your all-time favourite song? And why?
- If you had to choose an actor/actress to play you in a movie of your life, who would it be?
- You’re going on a road trip; you can only take 3 necessary items. What would they be?
- Do you dunk cookies/biscuits in your tea/ coffee?
- Morbid one, sorry!! If you had to choose fire or ice at the end of your days, which one would you prefer to go by?
- You are getting married – What flavour cake do you choose?
- Beer or cider?
- What draws you attention from a potential suitor? Eyes, Smile, bum or something different?
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Comedy or romance films?